Friday, August 3, 2012

God is the Perfect Father



Actually I have three.

I'm forever guilty of thinking that I don't do enough for my children (but that's going to change now.) I'm so concerned that they won't turn out good because I think I don't spend much time with them, or I don't discipline them as often as I should, or I don't set higher standards for them. But you know what? I know I do. I do the best that I can for my children. And I know that most of the time, it's just really me believing the lies of the enemy that I'm not good enough. But I AM more than enough for my children, because God has made me their mother and He made me responsible for them, and that is enough for me.

I was getting anxious again last night when I found out from my sons' teacher that my boys are getting challenged with school work. It was just a simple reminder from my friend (my sons' teacher) that the boys should focus more on homework and studying as soon as they get home from school. It was as plain as that, but what I heard was "Your sons are going to fail this year. You're not doing enough to set a proper study routine. Your work is interfering with your sons' performance in school. They're going to be as undisciplined as you and make the same mistakes you did." And that was enough to cause this unwanted, unnecessary anxiety. Do I see WRINKLES on your forehead???

So I sat down, asked my friend for prayers, and I prayed myself. This verse popped into my head,

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
-John 10:10

Of course the enemy wants me not to have life in full. It's his mission to see me anxious, to see me struggling, to see me defeated. And why will I allow him to win? I don't have to listen to his lies. I am doing well in raising my children, it's not perfect but it's enough. I'm giving my best and that's all that matters. After helping my boys with their homework and study for their quizzes the next day, we went to bed and I started this activity with them that I learned from one of my best friends, A Proverb a Day.



And it was during this time that I was reminded that because I'm partnering with the Best Father aka GOD, He will take care of them more that I could ever do. He is that powerful and He is able.

Look at the lessons that they wrote down on their journals:

Andres' lessons from Proverbs 1

Lucas' lessons from Proverbs 1

I was blessed myself after seeing what they wrote on their journals. They may be having difficulty in school (for now! But I have a "get-them-to-focus-in-school" plan, but I'll save that for another post!) but one thing I know for sure is that they have God in their lives, and I know and I believe that that is good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment