Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wakeboarding


I always like trying out new activities or sports.  I previously posted my experience in surfing and just recently, I tried out wakeboarding for the first time.  Several friends have been asking me to try it out for some time already but I was always too lazy to take a long drive to check it out.  My friend, Karen, told me that there was a newly opened wake park in Nuvali, which was just an hour drive away from the city.  She has been wakeboarding already for years and wanted to try to get at it again, since it was a lot more convenient now.  I decided to join her and give it a shot.

With Karen

True enough, it only took an hour to get to Republ1c Wakepark.  It is a really nice place.  It's clean, has great ambiance, friendly staff, yummy food and most importantly awesome facilities.  It has the formula of having a great time doing an addicting activity.

Beginner

Since it was my first time, I went to the area for beginners.  It was basically a man-made lake with electric cables pulling you.  They let you use a helmet, wakevest and wakeboard.  Believe me, it was tougher than it looked!  You basically have to engage your upper body and arms.  You have to know how to properly position your weight and stance.  I was only able to last more than half way of the length of the lake.  It was however, really addicting and the staff were really patient in teaching me the techniques.

See Karen go!

Overall, I really had a great time.  We only went for 3 hours but I would say that it was well-spent.  Wakeboarding isn't something that you can just learn in one session.  It takes determination and lots of practice.  As I observed the more advanced wakeboarders, I can't help but be impressed on how they're able to do different stunts.  Evidently, it took a lot of effort and perseverance on their part.  I would like to get more into the activity when time permits!  

3 comments:

  1. I would like to give this a try too. Except for the arms, I think it's similar to snowboarding and skateboarding. Hope Ry would try it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my dream sport to try is wakeboarding. I am impressed with those who plays this and it seems that it was just easy to play this kind of sport yet I knew that their are lots of certain factors to consider before entering this sport. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete